RBI GRADE-B DEPR ( Department of Economic & Policy Research )
RBI GRADE-B (DR) DEPR ( Department of Economic & Policy Research )
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts an exam called as RBI GRADE-B (DR) DEPR exclusively for the Department of Economic & Policy Research which gives the students an opportunity to get the Officer grade. Also, the job opportunity is available in the financial capital of India, Mumbai. However, unlike the other banking entrance exams, it conserves a virtuous level of difficulty and has a different procedure in phase-I and phase-II.
The job requirement for this post is to undertake economic analysis & research and contribute to policy formation, apart from compilation of data related to select sectors. Here there are three papers (100 marks each) – Phase I comprises Paper I, which is objective and the questions are exclusively from economics. It is of two-hour duration. The shortlisted candidates are asked to appear in Phase II, which comprises remaining two papers.
Paper II is a descriptive exam on economics and is of three-hour duration. Here the question paper is displayed on the computer and the answers are to be written on paper. Paper II tests your English writing skills and is also descriptive in nature. But it needs to be typed with the help of a keyboard.
RBI GRADE B EXAM PATTERN 2022:
The applicants must have a clear idea about the exam pattern of the RBI Grade-B post, before applying for it. The Exam Pattern of RBI Grade B 2022 is divided into three phases, Phase-I, Phase-II, and Interview Round. The exam pattern for the two phases is given below.
RBI GRADE B DEPR ELIGIBILITY 2022:
The applicants of the RBI Grade-B examination must fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. The RBI Grade B eligibility criteria are as follows:
RBI GRADE B DEPR ELIGIBILITY: AGE LIMIT
Candidates must fulfill the following age limit criteria to apply for the post of RBI Grade B which are given below:
- The applicant’s age must be between 21-30 years as of January 1, 2022.
- There is age relaxation for applicants belonging to reserved categories, as per the norms of the Government of India.
- The upper age limit for the applicants holding M. Phil qualification is 32 years and for the Ph. D degree is 34 years.
RBI GRADE B ELIGIBILITY: EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
The educational qualification needed to be eligible to apply for the Post of RBI Grade-B Exam 2022 are mentioned below:
RBI Grade B Posts
RBI Grade B Educational Qualifications
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR
a. A Master’s Degree in Economics (or any other master’s degree where
“Economics” is the principal constituent* of the curriculum/syllabus, namely
MA / MSc in Quantitative Economics, Mathematical Economics, Financial
Economics, Business Economics, Agricultural Economics, Industrial
b. A Master’s Degree in Finance (or any other master’s degree where
“Finance” is the principal constituent* of the curriculum / syllabus, namely MA
/ MSc in Quantitative Finance, Mathematical
Finance, Quantitative Techniques, International Finance, Business Finance,
Banking and Trade Finance, International and Trade Finance, Project and
Infrastructure Finance, Agri Business Finance) OR
c. PGDM / MBA with specialization#
in Economics / Finance.
For a) to c) above, minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade in
aggregate of all semesters / years from a recognized Indian or foreign
University / Institute.
* “Principal constituent” with respect to syllabus / curriculum means half or
more of the total courses / electives / credits must be in Economics or Finance.
# “Specialization” in Economics / Finance means a third or more of the total
courses / electives / credits in the second year must be in Economics /
Note I: For SC, ST and PwBD candidates, the minimum marks required in
Master’s Degree as in items (a), (b) and (c) above is 50% marks or an
equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years.
Desirable: A Doctorate Degree in Economics, or research or teaching
experience in economics, or publication in the field/area of Economics in
Note II: (i) Candidates having M.PhiI Degree and Doctorate Degree from a
recognized Indian / Foreign University / Institute in economics will be eligible
for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.
(ii) Candidates having Master’s Degree with research / teaching experience at
a recognized Indian / Foreign University / Institute in Economics will be eligible
for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such
experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary
period will not be reckoned.
(iii) The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age
relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 II (b) above.
RBI GRADE B DEPR ELIGIBILITY: NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
The General aspirants can appear 6 times in the RBI Grade B Phase I exam, whereas there are no limitations for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS aspirants.
RBI Grade B DEPR Exam Dates 2022:
The candidates willing to appear for the RBI Grade-B examination in 2022 must keep track of the important dates. The application process will start from January 2022.
The important dates of RBI Grade B Exam 2022 are mentioned below:
RBI GRADE B DEPR
28th March, 2022
Last Date for Registration
18th April, 2022
2nd July, 2022
6th August, 2022
SCHEME OF SELECTION FOR OFFICERS IN GRADE B (DR)-DEPR
Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR-2019- Job Requirement, Scheme of Selection and syllabus
Job Requirements: Primarily to undertake economic analysis and research and contribute to policy formulation, apart from compilation of data relating to select sectors
Scheme of Selection:
Selection will be through Online/ Written Examination (WE) and interview.
- Final selection will be on the basis of performance in the ‘WE’ (Paper I, II and III) and interview tak
- Syllabi: (i) Standard of papers on Economics would be that of Master’s Degree examination in Economics of any Central University in India.
- (ii) Syllabus for English: Essay, Précis writing, Comprehension and Business/Office
- Suggested reading material: RBI publications viz., Annual Report, Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India, Monetary Policy Report and the Financial Stability Report and the Economic Survey published by the Government of India over the previous two years.
MARKING SCHEME FOR RBI GRADE B DEPR
Name of Paper
Paper-I Objective Type (on Statistics)
Paper-II Descriptive Type (on Statistics) (Question paper displayed on computer, answers to be written on paper)
Paper-III English – Descriptive
(To be typed with help of keyboard)
- The Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Grade B examination every year, to recruit Officers in Grade B (General) – DR, DEPR, and DSIM in the Common Seniority Group (CSG). For candidates who are looking for a reputed job, job security, and a good salary, an RBI Grade-B job is a good option for them.
- RBI Grade B is a Managerial job. It is one of the prestigious jobs for those candidates who want to make their career in India’s banking sector. Candidates who want to work in the Banking Sector of India.
- The main aim of the RBI Grade B job is to overlook the smooth functioning of the member banks under the Reserve Bank Of India.
Some of the highlights of the RBI Grade-B Examination
RBI Grade B Particulars
RBI Grade B Details
Full-Form of the Exam
RBI Grade- B Exam 2022
Name of the Organization
Reserve Bank of India
Grade B (DR) for General, DSIM and DEPR Streams
Once a Year
Mode of Application
RBI Grade B Application Form 2022
The Reserve Bank of India will release the application form by January 2022. The applicants must check the eligibility criteria before applying. They must fill in the application form Online.
The steps to Check the Application Form of RBI Grade B 2022 are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the Reserve Bank of India (https://www.rbi.org.in/)
- They must enter the educational and personal details
- Scanned copies of Photograph, signature, thumb impression, the handwritten declaration must be uploaded
- Pay the application fee through Online Payment mode, Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. Take a printout of the payment receipt.
RBI GRADE B APPLICATION FEES 2022:
Applicants applying for the RBI Grade-B post must pay the application fee through Online payment,i.e., through Netbanking/ Credit/ Debit card. The application fee of RBI Grade B are as follows:
RBI Grade B Category
RBI Grade B Application fee
RBI GRADE B ADMIT CARD 2022
Candidates appearing for the RBI Grade-B examination must have their admit card before entering the examination hall.
Important Information for RBI Grade B Exam 2022 Admit Card:
- The admit card for RBI Grade-B Exam 2022 will be available on the official website
- The admit card will be issued to those candidates who will qualify for the Phase-I examination
- The applicants must download their admit cards by entering the registration number. They must carry it along with valid ID proof.
RBI GRADE B EXAM 2022 RESULTS:
The result for the RBI Grade B Exam will be declared separately for each of the two phases.
Steps to download the result of the RBI Grade-B 2022 exam:
The below-given steps can be followed to download the result of the RBI Grade-B 2022 exam:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Step 2: Go to the “Result” tab and click on it to see the result of the RBI Grade-B Exam 2022
- Step 3: Enter the roll number and name
- Step 4: Download and print out the result for future needs
Features of This Course
1. LIVE/Recorded Classes on Mobile App and Desktop as well
2. Lectures from Leading Economists
3.Unlimited doubt resolution
4. Hardcopy Study material
5. Weekly tests for rigorous answer writing practice
6. Timely evaluation of copies before the next test
7. Weekly current affairs
8. Mentorship and guidance directly from Sanat sir
9. LIVE discussion of Previous Year Questions
10. Validity of the course depends on the subscription from the date of registration
11. Students discussion group on app
12. .Full timetable of classes