The Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service are the administrative inter-ministerial civil services in Group A of the Central Civil Services of the Indian government’s executive branch.
For the purpose of creating and carrying out economic policies and programmes in India, the Indian Economic Service was established. Such analysis and recommendations within the service area have multiplied since the start of extensive economic reforms in 1991 and the expansion of the regulatory role of the government. In the initial constitution of the service, all statistical positions from various ministries and departments were combined to form the Indian Statistical Service.
In compliance with the guidelines published by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation in the Gazette of India, the Union Public Service Commission will hold a joint competitive examination for recruitment to the Junior Time Scale of the Services.
Strategy to crack Indian Economic Service
Success in competitive tests such as the UPSC is strongly reliant on having the correct strategy in place, as well as thorough preparation. Expert assistance and the appropriate attitude and focus can help you beat other candidates and stay one step ahead. The following are some steps to remember in order to pass this exam:
- Know your syllabus: Before starting picking up heavy books and taking up online courses for your preparation make sure that you have done your research on the syllabus and the pattern of the exam.This will help you plan your strategy ahead
- Consistency: Putting the same amount of hard work into your daily preparation will lead to high scores, so make sure you learn, practise, and revise with planned gaps to cool yourself down simultaneously. For optional economics, it’s also essential to practise your numerical.
- Concise notes: You must be well aware of the syllabus’s vastness, so you must make notes smartly and include only what’s essential by cutting out the clutter. Make sure your notes are organised as well so you can find whatever you need quickly. Make sure you don’t waste your time making notes for everything and make notes that help you during your revision.
- Solve MCQs: Make sure you practice MCQ questions and don’t leave them behind, thinking they are easy. If you think they are already your strong pursuit, then make sure you consistently practise to get your maximum score. After all, the smart strategy means working on your weaknesses while strengthening your strengths further.
- Built your basics: Before moving on to complex topics, ensure your basics are clear. Clear your doubts and build a strong foundation by starting with NCERTs.
- Make newspapers your best friend: Make sure you stay updated and read the newspaper religiously daily as it will give you an edge over other candidates. With economics optional, make sure you always cover all economics-related news regularly.
- Solving previous year’s question papers: Make sure you are well versed with exam patterns, understand the needs and expectations of different levels, and manage your time accordingly.
If you want to appear for the Indian Economic Service exam a candidate must have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
While self preparation may sound like a good idea for your Indian Economics Service exam , good coaching can help you pick up pace and get your way ahead of other aspirants. While going to a coaching can be a task, an online coaching is what every aspirant needs. Ecoholics is the one-stop destination for all your learning needs. Study economics the smart way and get an in-depth understanding of this dynamic subject with our holistic approach. Our team of expert faculties help you polish your knowledge and provide you with one-on-one mentorship and doubt-clearing sessions, so you leave no stone unturned when it comes to your preparation. By signing up with us, you can access our live classes, video lectures, test series and get the hard copy of study material delivered to your doorstep, so your preparation never hits a bump!
Don’t forget to watch out interview with Indian Economics Service exam topper: https://youtu.be/AIyNZMA1cRw
Watch how you can prepare for your Indian Economic Service exam with a job: https://youtu.be/kMPYEnk-sT8
Video on Important things to remember for Indian Economic Service exam 2022: https://youtu.be/doryhtswRt4