A bachelors in economics from a reputed college can be very beneficial because it can open doors to various career opportunities for you. After all, economics as a subject is evergreen and has its application across multiple sectors, such as banking, insurance, financial services and business management. With an BA in economics, you can find employment in industries like education, data analysis, credit analysis and even appear for various competitive exams. So if you made up your mind about going ahead with a BA in economics then here the top 5 colleges in India you should aim for:
- Actuary and Data Analysis: You can also be a perfect fit for building a career in actuarial science and data analysis since it requires predicting risks, liability management, mathematics, probability and a combination of skills which a MA in economics can get you ready for.
- Budget Analyst: Budget analysts create reports on the budget and keep track of spending. Budget analysts support the financial planning of both public and commercial enterprises. They create budget reports and keep an eye on company spending. After a bachelor’s degree in economics being a budget analyst.
- Economist: An economist gathers and examines data, investigates trends, and assess economic problems relating to resources, goods, and services. You must finish your bachelor’s degree in either economics or business in order to be an economist . Frequently, students finish their honours year as well. Numerous economists additionally get a Master of Economics or a PhD in a specialised field of study within the field of economics. This is a great career path for some who are passionate about economics and want to further be a master in the field.
- Business writer or Economic journalist: The effects of economic activity on enterprises, customers, and the general public are covered in economic reporting and an Economics journalist or a business writer covers these topics with research and by analysing the events and using their knowledge of Economics. Even without any economics background, reporters can do a fantastic job covering the economics beat but a bachelors in Economics can give you an edge over others and give you a strong foundation for a great career ahead.
- Investment administrator: A fund administrator is essentially an external third-party service provider that safeguards the interests of investors by objectively evaluating the fund’s assets and valuation. Fund managers can concentrate on internal portfolio management because the fund administration function is outsourced. A bachelor’s degree in economics is a must if you want to become an administrator, while an MBA is something which can act as a cherry on top since many applicants prefer a candidate with an MBA.
- Sales executive or analyst: A sales analysis is essential for any organisation, since they examine sales information, collect data, customer reviews, analyse market trends, crunch numbers, and create thorough reports . The primary objective of a sales analyst is to create plans that increase the company’s sales productivity. For a successful career as a sales analyst a bachelors in economics is a great start and can give you a lot of insights.
What are some of the best colleges for a Bachelors in Economics?
In New Delhi, India, Hindu College is a part of the University of Delhi. It is one of India’s oldest arts and sciences institutions, having been founded in 1899. It provides undergraduate and graduate programmes in the social sciences, humanities, business, and humanities. According to the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF), it is ranked third nationwide in 2020. (Government of India). The Ministry of Science and Technology has given it “Star College” recognition for its Department of Biotechnology (Government of India). Numerous noteworthy alumni from the college have made contributions to the disciplines of politics, law, economics, science, psychology, business, philosophy, literature, and media.. The best part is that Hindu colleges has great placements for their economics course as well and their admissions are based on your class 12th result and your CUCET score.
Delhi School of Economics
Delhi School of Economics (DSE), sometimes known as “D School,” is a higher education institution housed within the Delhi University and is one of the best colleges for Economics and has great placements for their students as w the one-stop destination for all your learning needs. It is located in Maurice Nagar on the University of Delhi’s North Campus, on top of that the Ratan Tata Library and the Economics, Sociology, Geography, and Commerce departments of the University of Delhi are located on the site of the Delhi School of Economics, which was founded in 1949.Over the years, the department has had affiliations with three significant journals. It also houses the Journal of Quantitative Economics and publishes the Indian Economic Review, the Indian Economic and Social History Review, which is edited by numerous faculty members which adds more value to this institution. Delhi School of Economics has its own entrance exam which you need to crack.
Sri Ram college for commerce
Shri Ram College of Commerce, offers a challenging B. A. (Hons.) Economics curriculum. It gives the student a logical framework to understand and analyse the behaviours of families, businesses, and government organisations. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to prepare for jobs in academia, law, management, journalism, government, and many other fields by allowing students to select elective courses from a collection of courses with contemporary relevance. The curriculum adheres to the highest standards in the field of economics around the world. It provides education on par with what undergraduates receive at the top colleges in the world. To get into SRCC, you need to clear CUCET.
Miranda House is a university-affiliated college that has received UGC accreditation. It is situated on the 1948-founded North Campus of DU. One of India’s best colleges is this one. It has received an “A” Grade from NAAC for accreditation. Additionally, NIRF granted it Rank 1 accreditation. Courses for the B.A.(Hons.) and M.A. in Economics degrees are offered by the department of economics. Merit alone determines the entire admissions process. Delhi University releases the cutoffs at the appropriate time after the exams. To get into Miranda house again, you have to appear for CUCET and get an acceptable score in order to get an admission.
How do I prepare for CUCET?
A bachelors in Economics is a three years long course which is an ideal choice for someone who has a genuine interest in Economics and wants to build their career in it as well. A BA in Economics means a deep insight in this subject and knowledge about aspects of economy in the society. Once you have set your mind and want to pursue an MA in Economics from a renowned institute in India you must be ready to face the competition and work hard in order to beat the people around you. Here are some tips you can implement to crack CUCET.
Know your syllabus
Before you start studying make sure that you have done your research, which means going through the syllabus thoroughly and knowing what to expect in your exams and then start preparing accordingly. Knowing your syllabus well will also help you figure out your study material and preparation strategy as well so always make sure that you know your syllabus well.
Solve past year’s papers
When it comes to competitive exams, previous year’s question papers are the best resource for robust preparation. At Ecoholics we understand the needs of an aspirant and aspire to help them in their journey in every possible way, which is why we have question papers for various exams like RBI DPER, IES economics optional and CUCET ready for you to download. By solving previous year’s question papers, you get an idea about the exam pattern, the format, the marking scheme and the level of difficulty of an exam. With regular practice, you can time yourself and make sure you solve it on time.
Those candidates who want to crack these are advised to solve and analyse these papers thoroughly as it would make it easier for them to cover the syllabus and find out the plot holes in their preparation along with their strong areas. By solving previous year’s papers regularly, you can also get the confidence you need to excel in your exams!
Putting the same amount of hard work into your preparation every day will lead to high scores, so make sure you learn, practise and revise every day with planned gaps to cool yourself down simultaneously. Make sure you don’t lose your flow with the help of scheduled revisions, test series and PYQs. To get your hands on exclusive test series and get expert feedback on your performance make sure you sign up with Ecoholics.
You would be well aware of the syllabus’s vastness, so you must make notes the smart way and include only what’s important by cutting out the clutter. Your notes should be organised as well so you can find whatever you need quickly. Make sure you don’t waste your time making notes for everything and make notes that help you during your revision, which means knowing the art of making notes well and covering everything important and knowing what to leave out while making notes.
Built your basics
Before moving on to complex topics, make sure that your basics are clear. Clear your doubts and build a strong foundation by starting with NCERTs. You can start off your preparation by reading class 12th and 11th NCERT and then adding advanced level books to your list.
While self study may sound like a great idea, a good online coaching can help you crack your MA entrance exam easily. A good coaching can give you a sense of direction, exclusive study material and expert guidance at the comfort of your home so you can prepare for your exams with a lot of flexibility even if you’re a working professional. Also no wasting time on doing a lot of research to find the best books and PYQs as at an online coaching all this is served on a platter to you. The most tough part when it comes to competitive exams is current affairs and online coachings provide you with great resources for that as their content is daily updated. Most coachings also have their own test series which can prove to be vital for regular practice and help you crack CUCET
Make newspapers your best friend
Make sure you stay updated and read the newspaper religiously daily as it will give you an edge over other candidates. You can stay updated about everything which is going on in the economy of the country with the help of newspapers which you can read everyday and make notes as well in order to stay up to date. You can then divide it further into sub topics like agriculture, industry, service and fiscal policy etc. Monthly magazines are also a great way to stay up to date with everything economics along with RBI reports, budget and economic surveys.
6. Analyze the exam pattern
Make sure you are well versed with exam patterns, understand the needs and expectations of different levels, and manage your time accordingly. This can be again done by solving PYQs, as then you can time yourself and see if you’re attempting the entire paper on time and also get an idea what to expect in the exam, you can learn that through analysing what has been asked in the past so you know what they can ask in the coming exam. One more way you can do this is by interacting with aspirants who have already appeared for this exam and can give you some valuable insights.
Hope you find these tips helpful and are ready to face the competition head on for your bachelors in Economics. Even if you’re not, we have got you covered. Sign up with Ecoholics, the one-stop destination for all your learning needs. Study economics the smart way and get an in-depth understanding of this dynamic subject with our holistic approach. Our team of expert faculties help you polish your knowledge and provide you with one-on-one mentorship and doubt-clearing sessions, so you leave no stone unturned when it comes to your preparation. By signing up with us, you can access our live classes, video lectures, test series and get the hard copy of study material delivered to your doorstep, so your preparation never hits a bump!